Post Date: July 05, 2016
It’s the middle of summer, which means it’s about that time when you may be getting tired of the crowded beaches and construction traffic. You’re probably even more exhausted from all the fireworks, celebration, and drinking from the Fourth of July weekend and are in major need for some good ol’ R&R. But we’ve got a few ideas to get ya feeling good as new again! If we were in your shoes, here’s exactly what we’d be doing if we had this weekend off, too. Check it out!
Friday, July 8:
- Why see a movie inside when you can enjoy the warm, summer nighttime air while viewing a classic flick on a huge screen? Head on down to Ah-Nab-Awen Park at 7 pm for Movies in the Park for a showing of A League of Their Own. The best feature of this outdoor movie showing? Pack your blanket, chairs, beer, wine, and snacks. That’s right, folks… beer, wine, and movies under the stars, on the bank of the Grand River—now that’s what we call Relaxation Station!
- After the movie, stop by The Green Well for drinks and snacks during Devour Hour from 10 pm to close. We’ve got plenty of drink options from only $1 (WHAT!?!) and a bunch of snacks between $3 and $5. YUM!
Saturday, July 9:
Go ahead and sleep in a little. After all, it is Saturday ; ).
- Starting at 11 am, bring your pooch to Cannonsburg’s Deck Paw-ty (see what they did there?), where proceeds benefit the Hearts of Hope Dog Rescue. Enjoy live music, burgers, pulled pork, and adult beverages while you hang with your pup on the porch!
- If you’ve ever had a cocktail with spirits by Long Road Distillers, you already know they distil one heck of a tasty product! How do they exactly craft their spirits, you ask? Take one of their tours to find out! This Saturday at 2 pm or 3:30 pm, learn how LRD distils and the principles behind their craft. In their own words, “Honor the Journey. Respect the Craft. Take no Shortcuts.” During the tour, you’ll be able to sample all of their current spirits and even be able to take home an LRD-branded tasting glass. Better yet, this fun-filled afternoon is only $15!
Sunday, July 10:
- Let’s talk brunch. Did you know that brunch originated in England in the late 19th century? The United States didn’t join the brunch club in the 1930s. Although we were a tad behind England, we still rock a mean brunch. Grove’s brunch features handcrafted cocktails and delicious, locally sourced products. The menu changes up every week but features Grove’s take on brunch favorites, like corned beef and hash, biscuits and gravy, frittatas, and much more! Brunch is served from 11 am to 3 pm. You don’t wanna miss it!
- Nothing beats a summer concert in the beautiful amphitheater at Frederik Meijer Gardens! Check out multiplatinum singer/songwriter/producer Ben Folds at Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens. Tickets are still available for the show and gates open at 6 pm. Get ‘em before they’re all sold out!
Enjoy your kickass weekend courtesy of your friends at The Green Well!